Monday, June 18, 2007

Highlights from Jen Beans and Rice

Jen Beans n Rice Blog “Highlights”

Just wanted to drop by and share with you all some of my highlights from our trip. I think my favorite night out had to have been Thursday night at the Rock n Bowl……just getting to hangout with some of our new friends and also listening and dancing to the best Zydeco band ever!! Well I haven’t heard many other Zydeco bands but J. Paul Jr. was great. I just couldn’t stay still, it just made you want to dance, dance, dance and that is what we did. Good times, good times! Some other highlights were the big Tomato festival and seeing the French quarter filled with people and tons of live music….it was great. Ooh and some of my favorite food highlights was our dinner at 13 on Tuesday night (tons of vegetarian and vegan dishes!!!! Yay for me and sam!!), the portabella sandwich on Friday night at Angelini’s was delicious, by far the best mushroom sandwich I have ever had. Oh and the vegetarian delight at Jeaque Imo’s was so awesome…..New Orleans is definitely a great place to get a variety of great food!! Lets see, other highlights included getting a tattoo, staying in our great house, spending time in our awesome neighborhood, meeting new peeps, working our butts off, “glistening” with sweat, how good it felt to take a shower at the end of the work day, meandering through the French quarter on numerous occasions, breakfast with the rev and miss Joanne, spending the day at the animal shelter where I made fast friends with Griselda and Giselle and had the opportunity to play “kitty cat symphony” where I had all the cats attention and they were bobbing their heads and following the toy in unison…., getting to actually meet and talk with “the Jeaque” of Jeaque Imos, our numerous free deserts, meeting and speaking with some of the locals, getting to meet and talk to Ricardo Crespo…..what a great guy he was. Our new friends Cynthia, Justin and Rocky were a blast to hang out with and such great people. I hope that someday we can get together again whether its in New Orleans, The twin cities or somewhere else……that would be awesome….but we will see. I guess as I am writing this, I also have to mention my car ride with the same people for 22 hours each way……..then spending the entire week in the same living quarters. Boy do you get to know people real fast when put into a situation like that…..but it was great. We are just one big happy and dysfunctional family! J Another great trip with a little bit different perspective but great indeed! I wonder when I will be returning to my home away from home again….??? Most likely …….soon enough!

Jen Beans and Rice signing off. (for the time being)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home