Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The First Day of the Rest of My Life



What a day! We worked hard, had a blast and met some great people!

Sam, Dottie, Fran (professor from Detroit), Cynthia (lawyer from Washington DC), and Andrew (World Changer boy from Texas) put on approximately 6 peices of siding (no joke-- it took us all day!) We measured, cut, remeasures, recut, pounded the peices up, took 'em down, remeasured... It was Xhausting and FUN!



Tonight we're off to Jacques Imo's-- a quaint little place down the road. I'm sure the menu will offer LOTS of seafood. Perhaps I'll let one or two oysters slide down my throat.

After dinner we'll head down to The Quarter to Fritzels. Big Al, whose thrown is THREE barstools, plays. I guess when the band is ready for a break, the lights go off, the other band members belly up to the bar, but Big AL just sits. I think we should send Jen up with a beer to cool him off.

Showers open...

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your learning a ton and having a great time. I must say, I would think 6 pieces of siding in one day wouldn't qualify for union work, but at least your their getting something accomplished with many other people. GOOD FOR YOU ALL.
Bryan O'Keeffe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home